D O M U S A R G E N I A
Domus Argenia is the multi-disciplinary International Center on Cultural Identities and Generative Art that is based in Sardinia and whose activity refers to the international Generative Art network founded in 1998. International Generative Art conferences are held annually. The activities of Domus Argenia are focused to implement and enhance the advanced research on Identities and Generative approach in Art, Music, Architecture, Design and Performances, and to implement non-profit activities, based on the non-profit association Argenia World, with the enhancement of subjective creative abilities of young people coming from the whole world whose potentiality, based on own cultural heritages, can be encouraged, developed and addressed toward the conscience of itself and the insertion in the job world.
The activity of research/teaching:
1. The annual Generative Art
conference, arrived at the 19° edition, this year in Florence
GA conferences are organized by Domus Argenia and the Generative Design Lab of Politecnico di Milano
2. Summer courses for young students and postgraduates. Planned in June-July-August, their topic is the development of the creativeness and cultural and subjective identity through the generative approach in architecture, Urban Design, Industrial Design, Music, Poetry, Art, interactive installations and live Performances. Every course develops a well-focused theme but works through contaminations and interdisciplinary growths.
3. Workshops on generative
approach and creativeness with students of two/three different
international countries on common design themes.
4. The "De Identitate" seminars.
The theme is how to identify, develop and increase each
cultural identity through the creativeness based on own cultural roots.
5. Stages of few months for
researchers, artists, musicians, Ph.D. candidates on specific themes of
research focused on cultural Identities and Generative approach.
6. Specific master courses, at the
doctorate level, will be established following agreements with
7. Exhibitions of Generative
Art and interactive Installations of Artists, Architects, and
8. Shows and Live-Performances
of Art, Theater, and Generative Music.
1. Residential Stages of young people coming from the whole world, and particularly from difficult countries, but not only. The purpose is to build a multi-ethnic multi-disciplinary group careful to develop, in parallel, the specific cultural Identities through a creative approach to Music, Art, Design, and Poetry. Stages will involve a number of 10 and 15 young people for a period of the two and the four weeks. The cost of these stages is supported by the Center through the use of the earnings of the other activities and donations.
2. 2. the DOMUS ARGENIA publisher publishes the GA proceedings and other e-books with ISBN number on the topics of Generative Art. More, Domus Argenia publishes a journal, GASATHJ, Generative Art Science and Technology Hard Journal with an international Editorial Board (www.gasathj.com)
The structure of Domus Argenia
The operational structure is based on the cooperation with the international university world, the cultural entities and single artists and researchers. Following the Generative Art network, Universities, and Artists are specifically located in Canada, US, Mexico, Latin America, Europe, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan, Australia, and New Zeeland. The participation is based on agreements and common interests.
The operational structure is made by a Director of the Center, by a President of Argenia World and by a scientific board gathering people with recognized quality in the involved research fields, also representing these universities and other international corporate entities whose finalities are in tone with the finalities of Domus Argenia.
The Scientific Board also
is the main part of the teaching staff in the summer courses and
workshops. Other teachers are the researchers, artists, musicians, Ph.D.
candidates staying in the center to develop specific projects.
Spaces and facilities
The logistic structure of the
Center is a traditional Campidanese house. Domus Argenia has the
ownership of the house that is located in the historical center of
Serramanna, at around 25 Km from Cagliari. This house is composed, as
it is a tradition in the Campidano, by a sequence of houses (one or two
levels) staying around a sequence of gardens and patio. It has 1300
sq.m. of covered spaces and 400 sq.m. of the garden. Specifically:
1. The gallery, open to the
public for exhibition regarding the activity implemented in the Center.
Space has its public door in the main street of Serramanna.
2. The theater (150 seats) for
lectures, music, theater pieces and seminars, with relative structures
of entry and service.
3. Studio (located at the
1° level: an open space of around 150 sq.m.) for workshops
4. Model and interactive
5. Dining rooms with Sardinian
6. Garden and places for
7. Guesthouse for
artists/students (20-25 students) with autonomous kitchen and common
8. Patio, an open studio space
for creative activities.
9. Guesthouse for Teachers (3
rooms) and the house of the Director.
10. Office of the Director and
Argenia World President
Starting date of activities: The activity of the Center was started with the exhibitions in the Domus Argenia gallery in 2009/2010 but many spaces were not available because of restoring problems. This year quite all the restoring activities of the ancient houses are completed and Domus Argenia can finally start more activities with the help and support of the Generative Artists and linked Universities. Proposals are welcome.
for more information contact
Celestino Soddu, celestino.soddu @ generativeart.com